While the coronavirus could live hours in an affected area specifically when you’re grocery shopping, using public transportation, or in large crowded areas. Make sure you are doing the following to prevent it from going inside your home.
If you are an essential worker make sure you have a pair of shoes only to and from work. You are exposed to being around more bacteria than anybody.
You should take off socks when entering the house. If you have a garage or entryway you should leave your shoes there. Keeping them away from your household. You also need to evaluate what kind of disinfecting wipes you are using, and evaluate how effective they are in the circumstances.
If you do not have an entryway you should place them in a plastic bag and seal them completely. Most people do not know what kind of disinfectants to use in the house hold or pet disinfectants that are safe for dogs, cats, and other animals.
How to Disinfect Shoes Safely CoronaVirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Spray the bottom of the shoes with alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide. Or use a disinfecting wipe to clean the bottom of your soles.
- Wash shoes on the washer machine if possible using hot water with laundry detergent or soap.
- Dry shoes in a ventilated area.
- When you are cleaning shoes make sure to use gloves to avoid cross-contamination.
- After cleaning shoes make sure to dispose of gloves.
- If you do not have access to gloves make sure to avoid touching your face and immediately wash your hands once you are done disinfecting your shoes.